Goals for this Week
Over the last few weeks we have been trying to get some consistent and regular table time every day so that the children can focus on their
. We find life goes around in cycles and this was the season for book learning. We have made Daniel’s phonics lessons a priority though the other children are able to study independently at this time. We have one week left with this focus and then life will take a turn to Mango Madness (a month of picking and processing mangos and swimming lessons).
November 2007 - Week 45
The aim in sharing these five things is to help me have a clear overview of my week and how I am to best spend my time. Click on the above graphic to read other homeschooler's Monday Meanderings.
1. Bible Study / Devotions
- This week my goal continues to be to sit with Nomi and Daniel as they develop their personal devotional time
- Also for myself, as we adjust to daylight savings, and waking up in the dark, I need to get my morning routine back on track giving myself enough time for my own personal devotions.
- This week we will start the next character study for our family
2. Must Do
- Prepare the next stage of the girls quilt – outer border
- Christmas e-booklet online for free download
- Pay accounts
I want to capture a fresh vision for my home. To have a love for things of beauty. To be prepared in practical areas so the relational times flow without stress. My main goal is to work towards finishing my work Saturday afternoon so I can enjoy my family Saturday night and Sunday.
to help me with my housework routines. So in that vein my goals for my home this week is to resume daily, weekly, monthly routines.
To spend at least one hour on a daily focus:
Monday – Washing, Floor, Bedrooms
Tuesday – Ironing, Zone
Wednesday – Zone
Thursday – Town Chores, Grocery Shopping
Friday – Weekly Homebless, Tropical Homebless
Saturday – Prepare for Family Day
Sunday – Rest, Relationships and Worship
4. Train UpRelationships
- Relationship with God – to develop, strengthen the younger two’s daily devotions. And to discuss prayer with Nomi
- Relationships with each other – to watch the niggles, the attitude of strife that is behind the occasional friction in our house. People are insisting they are right and not relating in grace.
- Relationships with child/parent – for me to make time to read aloud throughout the day and to play at least one game with someone every day.
As our family adjusts to daylight savings we need to be aware of our daily routine. The evenings are being stretched out, bedtime is delayed which is making the mornings slow.
This is a goal for Peter and myself more than for the children. We need to spend some time discussing what therapy options we are going to pursue for Daniel. I also need to spend more time with the exercise programme for Daniel.
Christmas time is a perfect opportunity to see individual talents coming to the fore. The children are making gifts for family members – all depending on their gifts and abilities. I am also encouraging those with gifts in a particular area to help those who may be challenged in that area. This is creating a sense of family togetherness as we all prepare for Christmas.
An overview of the kids' week:Monday
- Daniel needs to do Phonics, Math and Exercise every day
- Finish Bible study and move onto Character lessons
- Continue reading Science to Nomi and Daniel
- Preparation Goal for me – to listen to the next Writing in Excellence seminar
- To ensure the children are all having reading time in the afternoons and that it is not being swamped by life
- Work out a study schedule with Josh that he can have to fall back into when family commitments don't require him.
– Bedroom Bless, Bible Study, Discipline studies, Prepare for Oral presentation/co-op, Practice for Christmas Carols kids activityTuesday
– Discipline studies, Bible Study, Oral presentation, Science NM/DM, Discussion StudiesWednesday
– Discipline Studies, Bible Study, Oral Presentation, Science NM/DM, Discussion StudiesThursday
– JL Mainly Music (Service), others: Discipline Studies, Discussion Studies, Keepers for all (Creative – Girls Quilting, Daniel Art, Josh Making a Bow), JL Piano, Christian Choir for Christmas Carols for girlsFriday
– Co op (Games Day), Table time, Youth GroupSaturday
– Homebless, Table time, Prepare for Family Day, Recreational timeSunday
– Family Day: Rest, Relationship, Worship
5. Menu Plan
In keeping with my desire to be more prepared for Relationship time in my home I want to be prepared with the Menus as well. Though I have been doing menus for over 15 years I want to continue to be intentional about the meals I place in front of my family. I also want the children to help me in the kitchen.
Monday - Chicken Stirfry (JL helper)Tuesday
- Pasta and veggie salad (NM helper)Wednesday
- Raw Meal - Marinara Veggies (DM helper)Thursday
- Veggie Slice and salad (NM helper)Friday
Pizza (DM-helper) JJ/JL Youth Group
Raw pizza for me!Saturday
Grilled Chicken, Salad (Girls – helpers)
Dessert: Pavlova (Girls – helpers)
Prepare Sunday’s meals: Pumpkin Soup, tomato dip,Sunday Breakfast
Cooked Breakfast – bacon, eggs, tomato, mushroom and onionSunday Lunch
Tuna Salad Sammos, Tabouli SaladSunday Dinner
Pumpkin Soup and toastSunday Nibbles
dip and vegetables, cheese and crackers
Goals for Me
I have also set myself some more long term goals to work on in my own life.
Read my Goals
Live life with your kids!
Return to top of Goals for this Week
Return to Lifestyle HomeschoolHome Page