Hi there! ....
We have a house guest with us at the moment – coming and going as his life needs but often he joins us at the evening meal. Since he has become just like one of the family there isn’t any stress with an extra in the family but there have been changes especially around the table: they are good changes. It is good to hear issues discussed from a different perspective. It is good to glean from the expertise another may have. It is good to hear life stories, sharing in another's experiences. It is good to pray for another. It is good to laugh with others. It is good to be sad and concerned with others. Having him here every day, reminds me of the benefits of opening our home to others, to sharing meals with others, to being involved in the lives of others. Our children benefit in so many ways.
Live life with your kids!
Solving Problems with Creativity
Do you whinge? No, no ... not your kids ... You? Do you complain, grumble or go on about something not being right in your family, in your homeschool, in your own life? When my kids fall into this way of thinking I ask them one question – What are you going to do about it? We need to ask ourself the same question - What are you going to do about it?
We’ve recently been studying the Character trait of Creativity and the lessons learnt there are to be taken to heart.
Creativity – approaching a need,
a task or an idea
from a new perspective.
~ Character First
So often we look at Creativity purely from the perspective of being crafty or making something with our hands and that is certainly an aspect. When we make something, say from fabric, we are meeting a need – it maybe a need for clothing, a need for decoration or it maybe an expression of an idea ... it is being creative for sure. But there is more to Creativity than making things.
Being creative will help us get over our grumps, our negativity, our grievances; it will help us solve our problems.
Being Creative means you will:
- look at the whole picture and consider all the options
- talk to others about it, to help you expand or change your perspective
- not disregard principles and truths for the sake of a solution
- learn new things and be courageous enough to start change
So at this point ask yourself, what is the one thing in your life, or in your family life, or in your homeschooling that you’ve simply not been happy about? What are you going to do about it?
Ahhh ... it is easier said then done.
- We get caught up in habit of bad thinking – Instead we need to align our thinking with the Word of God. What does God’s Word have to say about my situation, my issues, my attitude?
- We focus on the problems – Instead we need to remember that nothing is too big for our God! We need to ask God for wisdom, discernment and clarity – we cannot do this alone – Jesus sent the Holy Spirit as a guide, teacher, comforter. He will help us through this.
- We blame other people – Instead we must remember that we are responsible for our own actions and reactions. Regardless of what people throw at us we need to do the right thing.
- We get stuck with fear of failure – when we fear failure we are fearing condemnation – condemnation from other people, from ourselves or from God. We must remember that in Christ Jesus there is no condmenation! Jesus came to set us free from this type of living.
God has not given us a spirit of fear,
but of power and of love
and of a sound mind.
2 Tim 1:7-8
This verse is something that I have held onto many times in my mothering years – God has given me a sound mind!! This word “sound mind” denotes good judgment, discipline thought patterns, and the ability to understand and make right decisions. It includes the qualities of self-control and self-discipline (quoted from Spirit Filled Life Bible). God has given me everything I need to accomplish the tasks and responsibilities He has given to me that is, to be wife and mother. He has given me power of the Holy Spirit, love, and a sound mind!
Remember that problem, issue, complaint?
What am I going to do about it?
With God’s help, I am going to find a solution!
No new pages this week.
Have you just subscribed to Live life with your Kids?
is a quick reference to all you will find on Lifestyle-Homeschool. I encourage you to have a browse around!
You can read
back issues here.
If there are any new additions throughout the week, they will be posted at the
Lifestyle Homeschool Blog
Until next week
Living life with her kids in Australia!
Contact me: If you have any comments, questions or content ideas I'd love to hear from you.
Make your comment here.
Know somebody who'd like to read this? We really hope that you've enjoyed reading this newsletter. If you think your friends might be interested in taking a look, please feel free to forward it to them.
Haven't subscribed yet? If you're reading this on the recommendation of a friend and would like to receive all the future editions, you can
Subscribe here for free
About Live Life with your kids Newsletter
I know homeschool mums are busy with lots to read, so I have divided my newsletter into four sections and you will receive one section a week; short but regular newsletters!
- Be a Deliberate Parent – Encouragement to continue in purposeful and intentional parenting.
- Family Life is a Resource for Education – Spotlights on a particular aspect of family life so we can see the natural opportunities available to us in educating our children.
- Character Education – Each month we focus on a different character trait – The newsletter will include application for Mums, as well as seeing character training opportunities in everyday life.
- A Homeschool Thought – Discussing homeschool issues
The newsletter will also keep you updated with all additions to