Homeschool: Live life with your kids
Welcome to Lifestyle Homeschool. My name is Belinda and I hope that this website will be helpful to you as you live life with your kids!
Peter and I have four children - currently between 19 and 13 years of age. Over the years Peter and I have learnt a lot about being a family learning at home. It has been a different definition for home schooling than when we started out over 14 years ago.
I used to say that homeschooling was our lifestyle
but now I say
our lifestyle is our homeschool!
Though this may seem to be a play on words, it has been a significant change in our thinking.
The change has helped me:
- Balance all my hats as mum
- Build relationships with my children
- Enhance the individual talents of each of our children
- Reduce the stress levels in the home
- Include my husband in our days, regardless of his work schedule
So often home school families try to fit school into their days. If only the world would stop so life can be lived! Since we have seen our lifestyle in part delivering our children’s education we have achieved better balance.
It has been a change of perspective,
not a change of education standards or expectations.
When you start out homeschooling there are so many choices as far as how to homechool? I have found it helpful to know my education philosophy first. That sounds like a big word and a hard thing to come to but it is just knowing what you believe and why.
Discipleship is passing on of values,
one generation to the next.
Relationships are the number one focus in all our efforts. There is the vertical relationship between the individual and God and there is the horizontal relationships between each other. The family is our first relational sphere as a child. This is the practice ground for all our living.
We have found that as we live our life as a family first, our children are growing up in the things that are important to us; they are being educated or trained in all areas of their life.
The key to finding a life with my kids
to stop “schooling” them and ...
Live life with my kids!
- Lifestyle Homeschool Web Updates & Blog
- Belinda Letchford keeps you up to date with additions to Lifestyle-Homeschool.
- Newsletter - Live life with your Kids!
- Live life with your kids! Newsletter written by Belinda Letchford, which encourages homeschool parents to see the whole of life when considering their education choices for their children.
- Lifestyle Homeschool Bookshop
- Lifestyle Homeschool Bookshop - continue your education and encouragement in family discipleship.
- Lifestyle Homeschool Events
- Events, Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Coffee meets, and other times and places where Belinda is speaking on discipleship issues.
- Homeschool - its more than academics
- Homeschool? It is more than academics. It is educating the whole child. Discover a philosophy and methods that are in keeping with your family lifestyle.
- Relationship Skills
- Relationship skills are the number one focus in all our efforts as we homeschool our children. Dealing with communication, manners and serving others are pivotal in building relationships.
- The areas of Responsibilities - Time, Money, Possessions and Work, prepare us to function in the world in which we live.
- Intrapersonal Skills
- Intrapersonal Skills mean that in our homeschool we train our children to be the best "self" they can be. To start out we need to understand our children and help them to understand themselves.
- As we make time for the children to develop their Talents we find that we are covering many of our homeschool goals.
- Academic Studies for the Discipleship Homeschool
- When we homeschool our children we need to find the right balance for academic studies. Wisdom, knowledge and understanding is important.
- Learning Tools in the Discipleship Home
- A love of learning is the goal regardless of your homeschool method. In Discipling our children these are the learning tools that we use, be it formal academics or everyday life.
- Homeschool Bible Study Main Page
- Homeschool Bible study is important to us – we want our children to know God in their hearts and with their minds. We give this area of study the priority in our day.
- Character Education
- Character is the basis of all relationships, lifeskills and academics and therefore Character Education plays a significant part of our day.
- Character Notes
- These notes are taken from our real family lessons and experiences as we study various Character traits through out the year.
- Family Life
- Recognising the learning value in regular family activities is the mark of lifestyle homeschool.
- Family Traditions
- Family Traditions not only bind the family together but each celebration gives an opportunity to teach something to your children - something of the heart, or possibly a practical skill.
- Homeschool Support Articles, FAQ, and Encouragment
- A collection of articles to support the homeschool mum by answering FAQ, and heart to heart articles.
- Parenting Resources
- Parenting resources that provide help to every parent as we seek to train our children to be morally responsible people.
- Free Downloads Page
- Download for free these prompt sheets, reminders and help pages that Belinda Letchford uses in her family.
- Homeschool Open House 2007
- Welcome to my home as I share the things we do as a homeschool family.
- Contact Me
- Please contact me, Belinda Letchford, with any enquiries regarding lifestyle homeschool.
- Lifestyle Homeschool Sitemap
- The Lifestyle Homeschool sitemap is an index of all the headings and topics on my website. It will help you find your way around quickly.